Numerous greening projects have been undertaken this year including:
- Soft-fall upgrade to playgrounds – Solomontown Beach, Netball Club, Woodward Park and Memorial Park.
- Planting 4500m2 of lawned area at the new Memorial Oval redevelopment (the spectator mound).
The nursery continues to supply drought tolerant plants for Council greening projects, support to the recycling initiative and Citizenship Ceremonies (approximately 1500 plants).
The TLAP clean team is not just highly visible in the community by way of its fleet of cleaning appliances in operation around the city, it is also actively involved in a wide array of additional activities and initiatives, all aimed at reducing lead exposure pathways.
The following list demonstrates the range of activities:
- TLAP door/floor mat exchange and cleaning regime – All mats in early learning and education facilities are regularly vacuumed and pressure washed (at a specially designated bay at the nursery complex) to remove all sand and other contaminants.
- Donations and TLAP Nursery Plants to the wider community, including organisations such as Riding for the Disabled, Housing SA, Nyrstar, Senior Citizens club – approximately 1000 plants.
- Ongoing management of saltbush in the Rail Corridor – pruning of planted area to reduce growth below 1 metre. Growth of saltbush in the corridor has exceeded expectations.
- Identification of dust zones for dust suppression treatment – Florence street carpark, Woodward Park traffic areas, and unsealed streets.